Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm confused

My sister came out to me today. She's two and a half years younger and according to her, bisexual. She asked me to help tell my parents. First of all, for some reason I don't want to believe her. My sister isn't the kind of person to make this stuff up or decide it on a whim but I don't want to believe her. For some reason I feel like she's lying or being dramatic or imagining it and will never actually go out with a guy. Second of all, it pisses me off that she feels comfortable to tell my parents after knowing I don't know how long but most likely less time than me. She's younger than me for god's sake. I should be the one to tell first, right? Still, she's always been a little older than me I guess. I'm smarter, no bragging but she's more socially capable, better at sports, music, and people. That girl can make friends anywhere and honestly it's because she's a really sweet person. i'm not sure I would call her outgoing but she is definitely one of the nicest people out there. Her confidence in her bisexuality is another indicator that she is mentally older than me. I really wish that I was confident enough to tell my parents. I've made a promise to myself that if I ever get a girlfriend I'll tell my parents. At the same time if I don't come out I won't get a girlfriend but I don't think I'll be confident until I actually am with a girl. It's a vicious circle that my sister has already escaped. I guess what bothers me the most is that I might not escape and I'll die alone. I don't want to die alone.

I want to be happy for my sister, but selfishly I can't be because of my own shortcomings. Am I a bad human?

No comments:

Post a Comment