Sunday, December 23, 2012

Growing up

So, Christmas is almost here and you know what sucks? I have gotten to the age when my parents expect me to get them gifts.... With my own money. A few years ago they would just buy presents for each other and put my name on it. Often times I wouldn't know what I gave them until they opened them up.

Here's the really big issue... Today is the 24th and I still have nothing for them. Nothing at all. I may have to settle for a handmade gift but at my age scrawling "I love Daddy" on a piece of paper with magic marker just won't cut it, you know? I'll actually have to put effort into it and make it beautiful. And I'm going to have to do this without them noticing.

Well, I'll just hope that they'll receive enough other presents that they won't remember mine. That's a good strategy, right?

I'm an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment